1.Cut out the template shapes and trace them on to the paper for the hat and felt for the scarf. Cut out each shape.
2. Make the elf hat by gluing the edges of the template together to form a cone. The Medium bead is the elf head for size reference. Leave your cone to dry.
3. Fold the red pipe cleaner in half and thread the large bead and medium sized bead over the folded point.
4. Cut the top of the Elf hat cone off, just enough that the folded point of the pipe cleaners will fit through and thread it on top of the beads. Leave approximately 2cm sticking out of the top of the hat, twist the pipe cleaner and open it to make a loop. Take the shorter pipe cleaner and place it between the two beads, twisting it around the pipe cleaner in the middle – to make arms.
5. Thread 4 of the red/green beads on to each leg and 3 on to each arm. Bend the extra pipe cleaner back over and twist to make hands and feet.
6. Cut the loop of pipe cleaner at the top of the hat and thread the bell on to become the top of the hat. Twist the pipe cleaner closed again to make a loop.
7. Thread your string through the loop so that you can hang up your Elf decoration.
8. Cut the ends of the felt scarf to make tassels if you like and knot it around your elf’s neck.
9. Draw on a mouth and glue on the googly eyes.
10. Allow to dry and then hang up your brand new Elf decoration!